The Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator course explores how to design, implement, and operate an organization’s identity and access management systems by using Microsoft Entra ID. Learn to manage tasks such as providing secure authentication and authorization access to enterprise applications.
This course is for the Identity and Access Administrators who are planning to take the associated certification exam, or who are performing identity and access administration tasks in their day-to-day job. This course would also be helpful to an administrator or engineer that wants to specialize in providing identity solutions and access management systems for Azure-based solutions, playing an integral role in protecting an organization.
- Successful learners will have prior knowledge and understanding of:
- Security best practices and industry security requirements such as defense in depth, least privileged access, shared responsibility, and zero trust model.
- Be familiar with identity concepts such as authentication, authorization, and active directory.
- Have some experience deploying Azure workloads. This course does not cover the basics of Azure administration, instead the course content builds on that knowledge by adding security specific information.
- Some experience with Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages is helpful but not required. Course labs may use PowerShell and CLI.
Module 1 : Explore identity in Microsoft Entra ID
Module 3 : Create, configure, and manage identities
Module 4 : Implement and manage external identities
Module 5 : Implement and manage hybrid identity
Module 7 : Manage user authentication
Module 9 : Manage Microsoft Entra Identity Protection
Module 10 : Implement access management for Azure resources
Module 13 : Implement app registration
Module 14 : Plan and implement entitlement management
Module 15 : Plan, implement, and manage access review
Module 16 : Plan and implement privileged access
Module 17 : Monitor and maintain Microsoft Entra ID