Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500T00)
This course is for Azure Security Engineers who are planning to take the associated certification exam, or who are performing security tasks in their day-to-day job. This course would also be helpful to an engineer that wants to specialize in providing security for Azure-based digital platforms and plays an integral role in protecting an organization’s data.
To get the most out of this course students should:
- Understand security best practices and industry security requirements such as defense in depth, least privileged access, role-based access control, multi-factor authentication, shared responsibility, and zero trust model.
- Be familiar with security protocols such as Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Internet Security Protocol (IPSec), Secure Socket Layer (SSL), disk and data encryption methods.
- Have some experience deploying Azure workloads. This course does not cover the basics of Azure administration, instead the course content builds on that knowledge by adding security specific information.
- Have experience with Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages. This course will use PowerShell and the CLI.
Learning Path 1: Manage Identity and Access
- Module 1: Secure Azure solution with Azure Active Directory
- Module 2: Implement Hybrid identity
- Module 3: Deploy Azure AD identity protection
- Module 4: Configure Azure AD privileged identity management
- Module 5: Design an enterprise governance strategy
Learning Path 2: Implement platform protection
- Module 1: Implement perimeter security
- Module 2: Configure network security
- Module 3: Configure and manage host security
- Module 4: Enable Containers security
Learning Path 3: Secure your data and applications
- Module 1: Deploy and secure Azure Key Vault
- Module 2: Configure application security features
- Module 3: Implement storage security
- Module 4: Configure and manage SQL database security
Learning Path 4: Manage security operation
- Module 1: Configure and manage Azure Monitor
- Module 2: Enable and manage Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Module 3: Configure and monitor Microsoft Sentinel